Monday, January 26, 2009

Are Wii Having Fun Yet?

Everyone says, "Get some exercise." The kids say, "I want to spend my Christmas money." So after Philip finished his SATs on Saturday I took the kids to Target. 'Cuz that's exercise, right? Walking and scolding at the same time takes a lot out of you. (Greg was with us.)

So while we're in electronics, Philip takes me aside from Greg and says, "They have 3 Wiis on the shelf. What should we do?" What would you say?

The boys decide to pool their Christmas money and I decide to kick in some too and the next thing I know, the Antram boys (Mike included) are in the game room BOXING! I don't think Mike has ever boxed in his life, but they are having a blast. Then they start bowling, and you know how good Mike is at that. The boys are amazed. "Dad's really good at bowling, Mom!"

"Yup, I know."

Word to the wise though... Mike says NOT to start with boxing if you are a couch potato. He has a Wii sports injury. Truth be told, I think he likes telling people that he pulled a muscle boxing with his 16 year old.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Wii! You want to feel like a complete dork, try Dance, Dance Revolution. It is sooooo hard to keep up with, will make you sweat instantly, and is so much fun! We don't have one yet but have played and laughed all night. The awesome thing is that those skills really will transfer to hands on game in life. Go Mike! Kick some 16 year old booty - even if it is your kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome....Glad Mike is enjoying himself and the kids are spending quality time with him. We love the wii. Want a workout? Try Wii Fit....oh my, I felt beat up the next day.

    Call me, I miss seeing ya at the board meetings.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete