Friday, June 24, 2011

Mike's Birthday

Today is Mike's birthday. He has not eaten anything solid in days. I'm worried. We bought him chairs this year. New chairs for sitting at the dinner table, a new recliner with auto controls for his back pain, and a wheelchair.

He may not be happy with me for posting this. He may even be much better by next week. But I don't want to hear that no one was told how things were going. We will be down in California next week for Mike's dad's birthday. We will be staying at my parents' house. Our time will be spent with family.

I am learning to cook. Or maybe learning is the wrong word. I am cooking. I will never be as good as Mike. But the kids are still alive so it is edible (despite what I thought).

I have cancelled my trip to DC for the end of July and we have cancelled our vacation as well. He just isn't up to it. DC was on Mike's bucket list. We may still get to go but I cannot take him from the area and his doctors until I feel he's up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment